Connect with us

Local News

Salt Lake City worker suffers serious burns in construction site fire



Salt Lake City, Utah – On Tuesday afternoon, a construction worker was burned by a fire that ignited suddenly at a site in the Avenues neighborhood of Salt Lake City.

According to Salt Lake City Fire Department officials, the approximately 20-year-old man was opening a gas can when an “ignition source” was too close by, which sparked the fire. It is now under investigation.

The victim was taken to a hospital burn center in serious condition, with burns on up to 30 percent of his body.

At around 4:40 p.m., the incident occurred near 700 E. 18th Avenue.

According to officials, a construction trailer was also burned.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *